1. The number of investigations your force has conducted into human trafficking or slavery since April 2009. Please break this down into yearly figures.
4 investigations to date, all for human trafficking, none for slavery, 2 in 2009/10, and 2 in 2011/12.
2. The number of prosecutions your force has taken forward for human trafficking or slavery since April 2009 and the number of successful convictions you have seen. Please break this down into yearly figures.
2 prosecutions to date, for Human Trafficking;
2009/10, offender charged, received 2 years in prison.
2011/12, offender charged, case discontinued.
None for slavery.
3. The number of National Referral Mechanism referrals your force has made since April 2009. Please break this down into yearly figures.
Data is not kept on this issue. You may wish to contact the charity Unseen UK who may be able to assist you further.
4. The name of the Single Point of Contact on human trafficking and/or the number of officers with responsibility for trafficking in your force.
Single point of contact is D/Supt Scott, Serious crime Group, Headquarters CID.
5. The number of hours of training on trafficking that has been commissioned for officers since April 2009.
A one hour training package has been commissioned for all staff. This is currently under review and will be updated. The new package will be compulsory for all staff.