Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, public authorities have to produce a Publication Scheme. The Association of Chief
Police Officers (ACPO) set up a National Team to develop a Model Publication Scheme for all 44 Forces in England, Wales and Northern
Ireland to follow. In consultation with these forces, key areas of information that the public may require are identified and form
the basis of our classes of information.
We are committed to delivering an open and transparent service whenever possible and it is our intention to publish information
in our Publication Scheme that the public have an interest in viewing. However, as we are committed to protecting the communities we
serve, preventing and detecting crime, it must be recognised that certain information should not be disclosed in the public interest.
Information concerning ongoing investigations, investigative methods, criminal intelligence and the use of related operational
techniques must be protected. They are central to the maintenance of a safe and just society. In this respect, Avon and Somerset
Constabulary will, when appropriate, apply reasonable consideration of the exemptions afforded under the Freedom of Information Act,
- Section 30 Investigation and proceedings conducted by public authorities,
- Section 31 Law enforcement and
- Section 41 Information provided in confidence.
Responsibility for maintaining the Publication Scheme for Avon and Somerset is within our Corporate Development Department.
Aim of the Scheme
The aim of the Publication Scheme is to set out:
- What information Avon and Somerset Constabulary publishes or intends to publish as a matter of course
- How we will publish this information
- Whether the information will be available free of charge or on payment.
Information we publish on the website
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What are our priorities and how are we doing?
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
If you cannot find the information you're looking for on the website you can request information that we hold.