Added by Freedom of Information Team on 27 April 2017 at 10:16
1. Total number of speeding offences recorded by POLICE AUTHORITY for the 2016 calendar year.
2. Total value of speeding fines issued by, POLICE AUTHORITY for the 2016 calendar year.
3. Fastest speed recorded that lead to an offence or fine. If the 2016 calendar year data is not available, please provide data from the nearest 12 months.
1. Total number of speeding offences recorded in 2016 is 219,550.
2. We do not record this information. Although the Police issue Fixed Penalty Notices, the fines are collected by HMCTS (Regional Fixed Penalty Office and the Courts), therefore this request should be submitted to that organisation.
3. 148 mph in a 70 mph speed limit.
Please be aware that this is the recorded information held by Avon and Somerset Constabulary and not the Police Authority.
FOI reference: 412/17.
Date of request: 23.03.17.