Added by Freedom of Information Team on 30 June 2017 at 10:40
Please provide information for the past 12 months to the following questions:
Q1. How many police officers, of all ranks, are currently employed by Avon and Somerset Constabulary?
Q2. How many hours are police officers contracted to work?
Q3. Of these officers, how many have worked overtime in the past three months?
Q4. What is the average number of hours a police officer works overtime? (Please break this down by ranks including PCSOs, Constables, Sergeant, Inspectors etc)
Q5. How many police officers are on shift at any one time?
Q6. How many police officers, office staff, and administrative staff are signed off for long-term illnesses?
Q7. How much is spent on agency staff per annum?
1. 2723 as of 31st May 2017.
2. 40 hours a week.
3. 1,445 officers have worked overtime in the last 3 months of the last financial year.
4. Average hours are not recorded.
5. The number of staff on duty varies from day to day, you have essentially requested the average number of officers on any shift during the year. This information is not recorded.
6. There were 620 Police Officers, office Staff and administrative staff off for more than 28 days during the period 01/04/2016 to 31/03/2017.
This excludes any PCSO’s, Southwest One employees and those on Secondments.
7. For the financial year 2016/17 the Constabulary’s spend on agency staff was £629,094.00.
FOI reference: 681/17.
Date of request: 25.05.17.