Added by Freedom of Information Team on 13 July 2017 at 14:29
Using the dates April 1st 2016 to April 30th 2017 ( if available) I would like to know: During this period:
1.How many driving bans were imposed
2. How many of the bans were for drink driving
3. How many of the bans were for dangerous driving
4. How many drivers were fined for driving without insurance
5. How many drivers were fined for driving while disqualified
6. How many drivers were fined for speeding
7. How many drivers were fined for seatbelt offences
8. How many were fined for use of a handheld mobile device whilst in charge of a vehicle
In respect of Q1,2,3 & 5 this information is not recorded, this may be held by the Courts.
Q4 – drivers fined for driving without insurance:
1159 individuals were issued with tickets of which 187 are not complete as yet, 293 accepted a Fixed Penalty and 679 put forward for prosecution.
Q6 – drivers fined for speeding:
210 084 notices have been issued for camera detected speeding offences of which 26 262 were cancelled, 28 739 are not complete yet, 65 050 accepted a Fixed Penalty, 80 463 completed a workshop and 9 570 put forward for prosecution.
1107 tickets were issued for speeding offences, of which 22 were cancelled, 42 are not yet complete, 700 accepted a Fixed Penalty, 238 completed a workshop and 105 were put forward for prosecution.
Q7 – drivers fined for seatbelt offences:
300 TOR’s (Traffic Offence Report) were issued, of which 7 are not complete as yet, 31 accepted a Fixed Penalty, 222 completed online education, 39 fines registered and 1 put forward for prosecution.
Q8 – drivers fined for use of a handheld mobile device:
941 TOR’s issued for using a mobile phone while driving of which 175 accepted a Fixed Penalty, 559 completed a workshop and 117 put forward for prosecution and 90 are still outstanding.
FOI reference: 740/17.
Date of request: 13.06.17.