Added by Freedom of Information Team on 13 February 2017 at 12:51
1. How many reports of violence crimes were there using acid or other corrosive substance from 2011 to the end of 2016.
2. How many victims were female.
3. How many victims were male.
4. Age groups of the victims – under 10, under 20, under 30, over 30.
5. How many of these attacks made it to court.
On the 24th January you clarified that in respect of Q1:
1. How many reports of violence crimes were there using acid or other corrosive substance broken down into individual years from 2011 to the end of 2016.
A search of our systems of crimes reported where the term “acid”, “corrosive” and “acid attack” has been used in the MO (modus operandi). The search has identified two offences involving corrosive substances, one in 2013 and one in 2015. Both victims were male and one victim was aged under 30 and one under 60.
In one of the cases the offender received a caution for assault occasioning actual bodily harm and in the other case the suspect has been charged with throwing corrosive fluid with intent.
FOI reference 043/17.
Date of request 10.01.17.