Added by Freedom of Information Team on 09 February 2017 at 12:20
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from Finance (Accounts Receivable/Payable) and IT (Information Technology):
1. Who provides the organisations BACS payments and Direct Debit collection software?
2. Please provide a list of your suppliers of the above software.
3. How you came to the decision to choose these companies?
4. Are these solution(s) hosted on premise or cloud hosted?
5. Please provide expenditure on computer software used for Bacs payment processing and Direct Debit collection. For financial years 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.
6. When does your current contract(s) with BACs payment and direct debit collection software expire?
7. Will this service(s) be tendered and if so where?
8. What is the total value of your current BACS payment and Direct Debit collection software contract(s) and over what period?
9. With whom does the organisation hold its primary bank account?
10. Does the organisation, acting as a Bureau, provide Bacs processing on behalf on any other organisation?
11. What payments types does the organisation use? (e.g Bacs (Direct Credit), Direct Debit, Faster Payments, etc.).
12. Who is the person responsible for BACS processing and Direct Debit collection software? Name, Position, Telephone Number, Email
1. Our BACS software ePay, provided by Bottomline Technologies.
2. Bottomline Technologies.
3. Continuation of BACS supplier when service brought in house (w/e 1st April 2011) after a period where it was done on our behalf by Somerset County Council.
4. Hosted on site.
2014/2015 - £1,640.68
2015/2016 - £1,689.90
6. 31/03/2017 – Our contract is rolling annual contract which is renewed annually.
7. As the annual value is so low we would not tender for this.
8. The value made against this rolling contract since we took service back in house to the end of the current financial year (01/04/2011 - 31/03/2017) is £8,923.47.
• Direct Debits
• Purchasing Cards
• Faster Payments
12. Name – Nick Adams
Position – Head of Finance and Business Services
Telephone Number - 101
FOI reference: 027/17.
Date of request: 06.01.17.