Added by Freedom of Information Team on 25 May 2016 at 13:01
Controlling behaviour. This request concerns arrests and charges under Section 76 of the Serious Crime Act 2015: Controlling or Coercive Behaviour in an Intimate or Family Relationship, made by your force from March 1st 2015 to April 1 2016.
1) Please provide the number of persons arrested under Section 76 of the act.
2) Please provide the number of persons charged under Section 76 of the act.
3) Please provide any guidance your force has produce on the application of this act,
including any case studies used by the force as part of this guidance.
The offence came into effect on 29 December 2015. No arrests or charges for this offence could be made prior to this date, so our figures run from this date.
1. Between 29 December 2016 and April 1st 2016 – 10 arrests were made.
2. In the same period as above, 1 person has been charged. Please note some
cases may be ongoing.
3. We hold no information.
FOI Ref: 574/16
Date of Request: 13.04.16