Added by Freedom of Information Team on 05 May 2016 at 14:01
1. How many cases of raptor persecution have been reported to your force each year, between 2004 to date?
2. Can you please provide the date each case was reported?
3. Can you please provide the date each case was actioned?
4. How many of these crimes resulted in charges being brought?
5. How many of these crimes ended in prosecutions?
6. Which species were affected?
We hold recorded information from 2007. We don’t have any specific crime classification that would help identify ‘persecution of raptors’. We have run a text search on the MO looking for ‘Raptor’, ‘Bird of prey’, Hawk and Buzzard.
1. Since 2007 we have identified 6 incidents from this text search.
2+3. We do only record the date each incident was reported to us, not the date each incident was actioned. The date of the 6 incidents is as follows
31.12.14 we had two incidents reported to us.
4+5. Of the records listed no one was charged and there were no prosecutions.
6. The species of bird is not always recorded. In one incident the bird was identified as a Sparrow Hawk, additionally there were two incidents involving a Buzzard.
FOI Ref: 532/16
Date of Request: 06.04.16