Added by Freedom of Information Team on 23 February 2016 at 10:18
1. Does your Force have apprentices?
2. How many apprentices were registered with your force as at 1st June 2015?
3. Please list each different role description for your apprentices and the department that they work in
4. Please describe any plans to increase the number of and/or roles to be undertaken by apprentices in the future
5. Are there any plans to recruit apprentices in the future?
6. Please summarise any plans including number of apprentices to be recruited, roles and departments in which they will be trained
1. Yes we do use apprentices.
2. 16 were registered as at 1st June 2015. These individuals have now left the apprenticeship programme and have secured permanent positions.
3. We had 7 new apprentices start in October 2015. The apprentices all have the same job description which we have attached. The departments are as follow:
4. The programme is under review whilst we consider the impact of the apprenticeship levy. We do plan to recruit again this year but are not yet in a position to confirm numbers or the locations and roles they will be recruited to.
FOI Reference: 153/16