Added by Freedom of Information Team on 13 January 2017 at 9:41
1. How much space within non-police owned premises is rented by the force for the storage of archived police interviews and how many premises in total this adds up to
2. What was the specific rental cost of each property for the years 2015-16 and the two years preceding that.
3. How much the force has spent on transferring recorded police interviews from CD or tape to digital for the years 2015-16 and the two years preceding that
1. Avon & Somerset Constabulary currently rents one warehouse of 317 m2 (GIA). Approximately 50% of this space is used for storage of archived police interviews.
2. Current rent payable for this property is £11,750.00 PA
3. No information held. There has been no expenditure on transferring recorded police interviews from CD/tape to digital in the time period requested. There has been the occasional transfer of interview but this has been dealt with internally by staff with no additional cost to the Force.
FOI reference: 1436/16.
Date of request: 27.11.16.