Added by Freedom of Information Team on 28 April 2016 at 14:00
1. What is the length of the induction training course for a transferee Home Office constable?
2. What is the length of the induction training course for a transferee non-Home Office constable (for example, British Transport Police, Civil Nuclear Constabulary, etc)
3. Please highlight any differences in length/content of induction training between transferee candidates from a Home Office police force and from a non-Home Office police force.
1. The training course for a transferee Home Office constable is two weeks.
2. The duration of training is dependent upon a learning needs analysis with the longest period being attendance at an 18 week Initial Police Learning and Development Programme.
3. Transferee courses consist of familiarisation with force geography, and local procedures and force IT systems. Induction training for non-home office officers consists of a full teach of all law, policy and procedure as defined by the College of Policing Initial Learning Curriculum and as delivered to new recruits who do not have a background in policing.
FOI Ref: 438/16
Date of Request: 20.03.16