Added by Freedom of Information Team on 30 January 2017 at 15:16
1. How many active fixed speed cameras do you have in each/your police force area?
2. Were any new permanent cameras installed between January and December 2016? If so how many and at what locations?
3. What is the criteria when deciding whether to install a new speed camera?
4. Based on data from the last 12 months (January – December 2016), where are the locations of the five fixed speed cameras in each/your force area that have caught the most speeding motorists? Please provide postcode locations of those cameras.
5. Based on data from the last 12 months (January – December 2016), where are the locations of the five fixed speed cameras in each/your force area that have raised the most revenue? Please provide postcode locations of those cameras.
6. How many motorists have each of those cameras caught?
7. How much revenue have each of those cameras raised?
8. Which location within each/your police force area has seen the highest number of people caught speeding by temporary roadside speed limit enforcement methods?
9. How many people has each/your police force caught speeding by all methods in total in each of the following: 2014, 2015 & 2016?
10. How many of the speeding fines you issue are contended and how many of these are overturned?
2. No, all cameras were already in place and were upgraded or repaired.
3. We will follow the DFT (Department for Transport) guidance.
1 - M4, J19-20 Westbound (nearest postcode BS32 9BJ), 20896 Notices issued.
2 - M4, J20-19 Eastbound (nearest postcode BS32 0ED) , 19137 Notices issued.
3 - M5, J17-16 Northbound (nearest postcode BS32 4RY), 16984 Notices issued.
4 - A358, nr jct Lipe Ln/Stoke Rd, Henlade (nearest postcode TA3 5DH), 8827 Notices issued.
5 - A38 Gloucester Rd North (SB), jct Gayner Rd, Filton (nearest postcode BS34 7PL), 5890 Notices issued.
5. This information is not held, we would not hold details of fines imposed in relation to those who went to court. I have provided you with the number of notices issued as part of question 4 to give you an idea of the volume of notices.
6. Please see answers to question 4 and 5.
7. As explained above we do not have a total figure or fines paid per camera as we would not hold details of fines imposed in relation to those who went to court.
8. M5, J14 Northbound (Cutts Heath to Michaelwood Services), 1861 Notices issued.
2014 – 119,044
2015 – 133,198
2016 – 205,765 up until the end of Nov.
10. We do not hold this information, It may be that the courts service would be able to provide this.
FOI reference: 1517/16.
Date of request: 19.12.16.