Written by Human Resources department on 19 December 2017 at 11:03
Our Police History and Heritage group is well established and is going from strength to strength. The group are looking for a volunteer to assist with elements of administration such as correspondence, responding to requests for attendance at events, basic publicity as well as someone who can monitor the group’s modest finances.
Main Duties include:
• Monitoring the #History and Heritage mailbox
• Assisting with publicity (liaising with our Corporate Communications department where appropriate)
• Supporting History & Heritage attendance at local events
• Handling payments & financial transactions for the History & Heritage Group
• Producing financial statements
• Assisting with the website, Flickr and associated correspondence
• Attending History and Heritage Group meetings
• An opportunity to use or develop your admin and finance skills for the benefit of preserving policing heritage.
• Being a member of a valued team of enthusiastic volunteers.
• Knowledge of MS Excel and MS Outlook (Essential)
• Good social media skills (Essential)
• Good communication skills (Essential)
• Computer literate (Essential)
• Able to handle basic financial transactions and produce basic statements (Essential)
If you want to find out more about this volunteer role, please contact Alan Vowles on 01278 646001.