Volunteer Digital Product Manager (ESiBS)
Written by Human Resources department on 15 November 2017 at 11:02
ESiBS is a web based product for volunteer management and communications, used by a number of Special Constabularies.
It has transformed time management and saved a fortune in expenses. We are making this available to other forces on a collaborative basis.
We are looking to take ESiBS to the next level and we wish to make the platform open source and run it by volunteers. It feels only fitting a platform dedicated to volunteers is run by volunteers.
Could you be that person to help us on this exciting journey?
- Based at the Police HQ, Portishead, and working from home
- To own the ESIBS product lead its transition to an Open Source Product.
- Interact with ESIBS customers to identify bugs, features and upgrades to the product.
- Prioritise upcoming work and allocate time for development.
- Manage volunteer development resources.
- Provide training and support for customers.
- Increase awareness of the product to other forces and agencies.
Skills and Experience:
- Project management - 1 year (essential)
- Team management - 1 year (essential)
- Stakeholder management - 1 year (essential)
- Working with digital platforms (essential)
- Experience with Agile / Scrum (Desirable)
- Understanding open source projects (Desirable)
- Good communications skills (Essential)
- Negotiation experience (Desirable)
- Business development (Desirable)
Notes: Find out more about ESIBS here: https://about.esibs.co.uk/
Type/Hours: Daytime/evening - 1-2 days per week initially, at HQ, with home working an option in own time
Application deadline: No closing date
Location: Police & Fire Headquarters, Portishead