Written by Human Resources department on 29 June 2016 at 9:10
Do you want to make a difference and help to shape the lives of the young people in your area?
Volunteer Police Cadets meet for two hours once a week during term time and have the chance to take part in other activities in support of local policing.
The cadets take part in a wide range of activities, including:
- Learning first aid
- Learning self-defence
- Supporting police operations by delivering leaflets
- Helping police engage with young people
- Foot patrol at local shopping centres and community events
- Finding out about policing and the law, including specialist roles like search teams and Crime Scene Investigation
Main Duties: To support the Volunteer Police Cadet Units by the day to day management of the scheme and its activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in working with young people
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of confidentiality
Experience in other cadet schemes or young people’s organisations and training qualifications are desirable but not essential.