Missing Persons 2018-2020
Date of request: January 22, 2021
Please could you break down the below information (Q1-5) per month (1st to the 31st) between the following periods: 1 January and 31 December 2018; 1 January and 31 December 2019; 1 January and 31 December 2020.
1) How many reports of “missing people” did your force record over this period?
2) How many of these reports concerned people aged below 18 at the time of their disappearance?
3) How many of these reports concerned people aged 66 or over at the time of their disappearance?
4) How many individuals were recorded to be “long-term missing” (after going missing for more than 28 days) over this period?
5) How many individuals who were recorded as missing over this period were found dead /reported dead over this period?
Please could you break down the below information (Q6) per year between the following periods: 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2020.
6) How many people who were classed as “long-term missing” over these years were found dead/ reported dead?
I am looking for the number of reports of individuals who went missing over the specified period(s) rather than cases (as the same person often goes ‘missing’ more than once in a short space of time so this way there will be no duplicates).
Please find the information requested in the attachment