Forgotten password?

Create Community Alerts Account

Concerned About Child Sex Offenders

The Child Sex Offender's Disclosure Scheme, also known as Sarah's Law, allows anyone to formally ask the police if someone with access to a child has a record for child sexual offences.

What is the scheme?

If there is a need to pass information to someone in order to allow them to better protect a child, then we will disclose to whoever is in a position to use, or need, that information.

Although disclosure already takes place when children are deemed to be at risk, the scheme enables parents, guardians and third parties to apply directly for information themselves.

How do I apply for information?

Important: If you feel a child is in immediate danger, you should call 999 straight away.

In all other circumstances that are not an emergency, you can request information relating to a child that you are in a position to protect or safeguard by:

I want to know more

For more advice and information on protecting children from abuse: