PC Firearms Trainer transferee vacancy
We are looking for experienced Police Constable firearms trainers to join a small team of firearms trainers where you will conduct and supervise the training of all authorised firearms officers in the Tri-force region.
You will be working together in a professional, highly motivated team to deliver engaging firearms training to all armed officers under the BRSTC training agreement. They come from Avon and Somerset Constabulary, Gloucestershire Constabulary and Wiltshire Police.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible to transfer if you:
- are transferring from a Home Office Police force, British Transport Police or the Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- have successfully completed the full Initial Police Learning and Development Programme (IPLDP) and have completed a Policing Diploma
- have successfully completed your probationary period
- hold a National Police Firearms Training Certificate (within the last 3 years) or be trained to Module F1 of the NPFTC
- hold a teaching or training qualification to NVQ Level 3 in Training and Development or equivalent (AEAT – Award in education & Training)
- are willing to achieve IOSH (Managing safely) within 12 months of appointment
- comply with the annual hearing and eyesight test in line with national standards
- meet the standard six monthly re-qualification shoot as set by the College of Policing
- achieve and maintain the required level of fitness for the role
Why work for us
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
Find out why you should work for us.
Ready to join us?
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.