PC Firearms Instructor transferee vacancy
As a Police Constable Firearms Instructor, you will undertake research, curriculum design, delivery and assessment of training events in accordance with the National Police Firearms Training Curriculum.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible to transfer if you:
- hold a National Police Firearms Training Certificate (within the last 3 years and hold a teaching or training qualification to NVQ Level 3 in Training and Development or equivalent)
- hold an IOSH or equivalent Health and Safety qualification, or obtain this within an 18 month timescale from the point of employment
- comply with the annual hearing and eyesight test in line with national standards
- hold the ARV qualification standard and the national instructor qualification standard shoots as set by the College of Policing
- achieve and maintain the required level of fitness for the role
- meet the required role profile annually
- operationally deployable to support the Tactical Support Team
Why work for us
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
Find out why you should work for us.
Ready to join us?
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.