Your web browser (the software you use to access the internet) is out of date. You need to update it or use a different web browser to ensure you can complete this form.

Cookies are currently not enabled in your web browser. You need to enable cookies to ensure you can complete this form.

Make a claim for compensation

When damage has been caused to your premises or property by officers, use this form to make a request to find out if you are entitled to compensation.

The Force are not responsible for emergency boarding up costs where officers have forced entry lawfully, under statutory powers. In these cases the owner/occupier is responsible for the cost, either by paying it themselves or by referring it to their insurance company.

Where damage is caused by officers acting under authority, the Force does not accept any legal liability to pay compensation. However, we may consider an ex-gratia payment in appropriate cases.

This form is not suitable for personal injuries matters, for which you are advised to seek legal advice

This form takes about 5 minutes to complete.

Start now

To fill in this form

You will need:

  • details of the incident
  • details of the damage caused
  • a breakdown of the costs
  • to upload copies of receipts and/or estimates