Cadet Unit Administration Volunteer (Street)
Written by Human Resources department on 31 May 2017 at 15:45
Do you want to make a difference and help to shape the lives of the young people in your area?
Volunteer Police Cadets meet for two hours once a week during term time and have the chance to take part in other activities in support of local policing.
The cadets take part in a wide range of activities, including:
- Learning first aid
- Learning self-defence
- Supporting police operations by delivering leaflets
- Helping police engage with young people
- Foot patrol at local shopping centres and community events
- Finding out about policing and the law, including specialist roles like search teams and Crime Scene Investigation
- Assisting with the administration associated with recruiting cadets to the scheme
- Keeping accurate records regarding the cadet scheme e.g. attendance, uniform issued/replaced
- Support the Cadet Coordinator to ensure the programme is filled with suitable activities with sufficient adult volunteers
- Collect money and maintain financial records e.g. receipt of grants, payment of subs, collecting additional payments for specific activities, meeting financial regulations as required.
- Organising ad hoc activities and transport e.g. adventurous activities
- Administer and take minutes of local meetings associated with the cadet scheme
- Communicate with the cadets using the locally adopted method (e.g. Facebook and/or ESIBS)
- Assist with the management and administration of accreditation or any qualifications which are sought e.g. Duke of Edinburgh
Skills and experience;
- Experience of record keeping
- Experience of arranging meetings and taking notes
- Computer literate
- Good organisational skills
- Good communicator with a range of people, including young people
Previous experience of working with young people and experience of keeping finance records are desirable but not essential.
Application deadline: No closing date