Play Your Part Days are off curriculum days for year 8 pupils offered to all schools in Bristol.
The day is arranged by the Police and it is made up of guest speakers from internal police departments and external agencies.
We would like to recruit a volunteer to be a point of contact for Bristol Secondary Schools in relation to ‘Play Your Part Days’. The Volunteer will make contact with schools to book dates and draw up timetables.
Once the date is arranged, they will make bookings internally and externally for delivery of the subjects.
We are hoping to find a volunteer who is able to offer us two days per week.
What the role involves
- Provide general administration support i.e. photocopying, scanning, filing, and typing of letters and reports as tasked by the line manager or NPT.
- Assist with updating/review of local policing website pages (In Your Area) and social media to improve communication and showcase local policing, This will only be following direct tasking by a member of staff.
- Assist with the production of newsletters, reports and marketing material for NH meetings, community forums and other events, liaising with departments such as Corporate Comms as necessary.
- Make and receive low level phone calls at the direction of the line manager
- Assist with the coordination of public meetings e.g. beat surgeries.
- Support the proactive targeted crime prevention or awareness leafleting of houses or vehicles to promote reassurance in communities and target harden properties e.g. following a warrant or identification of vehicle crime hotspots. This will be subject to risk assessment and will be over and above that required for the immediate investigation of any offence.
- Attend crime prevention events (with a uniformed member of staff) to provide community reassurance and information e.g. Immobilise
- Support targeted school inputs (with a uniformed member of staff)
- Monitor own Email in accordance with force policy and respond appropriately
Skills and experience
- Experience of using technology (Microsoft Word, Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Good social media skills
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt message to audience
- Ability to deal with sensitive information