What is VIPER?
Video Identification Parade Electronic Recording is a system used to conduct video identification procedures, where an eyewitness is shown a film consisting of images of a known suspect together with eight similar images of others who resemble that suspect.
- To assist the VIPER coordinator in supplying a high level of victim and witness care to those attending for VIPER viewings on Police premises.
- To meet and greet victims and witnesses attending the police station for VIPER viewings.
- To escort victims and witnesses within Police premises to the waiting area, the VIPER suite, wait for viewings to be conducted and escort to the interview room.
- To complete a witness statement pro-forma.
- Experience in dealing with Customers Face to Face (Essential)
- Experience in dealing with Victims of crime (Desirable)
- Understanding of need for confidentiality (Essential)
- Awareness of Data Protection Act (Essential)
- An understanding of Identification procedures (Desirable)