Written by Human Resources department on 19 December 2017 at 14:45
Do you enjoy driving?
Avon and Somerset Police are hoping to replicate a scheme that has been running successfully in Devon and Cornwall Police since 2006. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team of volunteers who can relieve some of the demand and pressures on our front line officers by providing a driver support service. This may involve delivering and collecting items or transporting police officers and their exhibits to and from court. The service will operate from 8am to 6pm on week days from the Spring, we are hoping to find volunteers who are able to offer one day per week (or more). Volunteers will have access to a fully insured unmarked vehicle with Satellite Navigation System and a mobile phone.
- Receiving journey requests and organising the schedule for the day to maximise vehicle utilisation
- Driving police officers to and from appointments and transporting items from one location to another, such as routine errands for custody.
- Ensuring that accurate mileage and journey time records are kept
- An opportunity to use your driving skills for the benefit of policing
- Being a valued member of Avon and Somerset Constabulary
- Contributing directly to improving the effectiveness of police officer time
- Full Driving Licence (Category B) must have held for a minimum of 12 months (Essential)
- Good knowledge of Highway Code (Essential)
- Minimum age 25 (Essential)
Type/Hours: 8am to 6pm with appropriate rests and breaks
Application deadline: No closing date
Location: Based at Patchway Police Centre, but covering the A&S force area