Volunteer Open Source Developer (.NET)
Written by Human Resources department on 24 July 2017 at 12:54
ESiBS is a web based product for volunteer management and communications, used by a number of Special Constabularies.
It has transformed time management and saved a fortune in expenses. We are making this available to other forces on a collaborative basis.
We are looking to take ESiBS to the next level and we wish to make the platform open source and run it by volunteers. It feels only fitting a platform dedicated to volunteers is run by volunteers.
Could you be that person to help us on this exciting journey?
- Based at the Police & Fire Headquarters, Portishead, and working from home
- Update the ESiBS code base so that it can be Open Sourced
- Remove dependencies on ASC internal systems
- Open Source the ESiBS code
- Maintain and update the code, working with developers outside of the organisation
- Maintain system documentation (wiki style)
Skills and Experience:
- Open source workflow, pull requests, branching, issues, forking (Essential)
- .NET / C# - 2 years experience (Essential)
- Project management eg Agile (Desirable)
- Continuous integration / continuous delivery (Desirable)
- Git and related tools (Essential)
- ASP.NET webforms, Web API (Essential)
- Entity Framework (Desirable)
- HTML (Essential)
- jQuery (Desirable)
- AngularJS 1.x (Desirable)
- Good communications skills (Desirable)
Notes: Find out more about ESIBS here: https://about.esibs.co.uk/
Type/Hours: Daytime/evening - 1-2 days per week initially, at HQ, with home working an option in own time.
Application deadline: No closing date
Location: Police & Fire Headquarters, Portishead