Do you want to make a difference and help to shape the lives of the young people in your area?
Volunteer Police Cadets meet for two hours once a week during term time and have the chance to take part in other activities in support of local policing.
The cadets take part in a wide range of activities, including:
- Learning first aid
- Learning self-defence
- Supporting police operations by delivering leaflets
- Helping police engage with young people
- Foot patrol at local shopping centres and community events
- Finding out about policing and the law, including specialist roles like search teams and Crime Scene Investigation
To support the Volunteer Police Cadet Units by the day to day management of the scheme and its activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in working with young people
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of confidentiality
Experience in other cadet schemes or young people’s organisations and training qualifications are desirable but not essential.