Officers in Bristol attended the former Randstad office on Gloucester Road today (Wednesday 10 March) where bailiffs were serving an eviction order against a number of people staying in the building.
While this was a civil matter, police were on the scene to monitor the situation to prevent a breach of the peace.
This afternoon, it was necessary for officers to arrest three individuals for breaches of COVID-19 legislation. One of those arrested, a man, was additionally arrested for assaulting an emergency worker.
Bailiffs have now taken control of the premises and officers have resumed their normal patrols, and will maintain a visible presence in the area.
- Please only call 999 in an emergency. If you need to call our 101 service, please consider whether you can report online instead via our online reporting tools.
- Visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for links to all the latest news on policing services.
- Visit GOV.UK to read the Government’s advice on COVID-19.
- See Government advice for staying at home, for households with possible COVID-19 infection and social distancing to protect vulnerable groups.
- Visit the NHS website for hygiene advice and advice on calling 111.
- For advice on mental health, visit the Every Mind Matters website.