Man in court over burglary and car crime - Weston-super-Mare
Added on 12 January 2018 at 17:54
A man is due in court charged with burglary and car crime offences in Weston-super-Mare.
Steven John Careslade, 34, of Drove Road, Weston-super-Mare, is charged with six offences which all took place in the early hours of Thursday 4 January:
- Burglary at Wansbrough Road in which items including jewellery were stolen
- Attempted burglary in Walford Avenue
- Attempted burglary in Gimblett Road
- Three counts of vehicle interference in Gimblett Road
He is due before Bristol Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 13 January.
We'd remind everyone they can help to keep their neighbourhood safe by reporting suspicious incidents.
If you see someone acting suspiciously around a neighbour’s property, call us straight away. If they’re obviously breaking in, ring 999.
Otherwise, call the non-emergency number 101: operators are on hand 24/7.
To keep your own home secure officers advise:
- locking up and setting the alarm, if you have one, at night as well as when you go out
- making sure your door is locked by turning the key – some 'paddle and stub'-handled doors might seem to be locked by lifting the handle, but can still be opened from outside
- never leaving the key in the lock or in sight of the letterbox
- fitting a letterbox cage
- fitting motion-sensing security lights around your property
- keeping tools locked up in a secure shed or garage
- making sure garden furniture and wheelie bins can’t be moved to gain access to upstairs windows
- joining Neighbourhood Watch
More home security information