Anti-Social Behaviour – Kingsmead Square
Working on tackling both an immediate rise in ASB in the Kingsmead Square area and problem solving long term issues.
• A data driven approach, identifying specific locations, times, days, and behaviours. Using this information to created frequent and informed patrol plans.
• Use of our Mobile Police Station to be parked in Kingsmead Square. This allows officers to parade from location. Creating both an increased presence in the area and more opportunity for members of our community to come and engage with us.
•A joint agency approach. Working with a number of partners, including but limited to; Bath City Council, Bath BID, Bath CCTV, Julian House + DHI, and local businesses and residents of the area.
•Engaging with local businesses and residents to recognize the impact local ASB is having on them.
9 February 2023
- Funding secured for additional hi-vis patrols throughout the daytime and evening.
- Targeting the most prolific offenders by issuing Acceptable Behaviour Contracts and Community Protection Notices. In some cases, banning offenders from the area entirely.
- A Crime Prevention Survey has been completed by specialist officers, providing a list of recommendations for reducing issues in the area.
- During house-to-house enquiries made by officers in January, residents and businesses reported a reduction in Anti-social Behaviour in the area compared to the summer.