Night-Time Economy Checks
Officers attending Night-Time Economy venues to check the conditions of their licence are being met and working with businesses to ensure the safety of our communities.
• Ensuring staff are challenging customer on their age. Preventing sale of alcohol to underage patrons.
• Working with venues to identify and tackle drug use. Including surface swabbing for drug traces and hand swabs as condition of entry.
• Providing advice on identifying victims of spiking and how to safeguard them.
• Ensuring capacity isn’t being breached.
• Frequent patrols around the area of night time venues to reduce ASB and violent crime both inside and outside of premises.
All with the goal of protecting both the businesses and people of bath’s safety during the Night Economy hours.
12 April 2023
Working with our Safer Streets partner, Bath BID, we have helped launch the new ‘Bath Safe Bus’, which will provide a safe space for anyone that becomes vulnerable in the City Centre and help reduce demand on emergency services.
9 February 2023
- Around 100 licensing visits were conducted in 2022 and they remain ongoing. We have been working independently, as well as alongside B&NES Licensing, Environmental Protection and the Security Industry Authority.
- We have engaged with hundreds of young people, providing education around drink spiking and promoting the new ‘Street Safe’ reporting tool with the help of Bath Rugby.
- Funding secured for extra patrols in the Night Time Economy specifically targeting Violence Against Women and Girls.