Some tips for the New Year
- With all the additional Christmas food and drink, presents and other goodies stored within garages and outbuildings, ensure that they are hidden out of sight and the buildings are securely locked with good quality and well-fitted locks. Treat your shed to a shed alarm this Christmas!
- Avoid tempting window shopping burglars; don’t leave presents and valuables on full view in front of a window.
- Don’t attract burglars to your home by leaving it in darkness; leave lights on, operate them on timers and perhaps treat yourself to a TV simulator too [Fake TV].
- Whether on an evening out or shopping keep your bags, handbags, wallets and mobiles safe. Busy places make it easier for the sneak thief and pickpockets, so be alert at all times.
- Don’t leave valuables and gifts on display in your car.
- When you go to leave the house and find that your car is all iced up, don’t leave it unattended with the engine running to de-ice it. It only takes a second to steal your car and it would invalidate any insurance claim.
- Be careful about what you post on social media. Try not to broadcast your activity and information about the gifts you have received when not at home.
- After Christmas don’t advertise your nice gifts to the thieves by putting out the empty boxes for collection undisguised. Fold them up inside-out or put them inside other non-descript boxes and bags.
- Register your new property free on www.immobilise.com Install tracking and security apps on relevant electrical and computer products.