Most vehicle crime is preventable.
Wednesday 29th April, 2020
This priority is now closed as a result of the actions below.
If you have any questions or issues concerning this priority, you can contact the beat team using the contact form on the beat page.
Monday 17th February, 2020
It can take as little as 10 seconds for a thief to steal something from your car.
The best way to protect your belongings is to lock your car whenever you leave it.
1. Removing everything from the car; don not even leave a jacket where it can be seen
2. Closing the sunroof along with the windows when you leave
3. Not storing things in the boot; take them with you
4. Having a routine to ensure you always take the keys out of the ignition
5. Taking removable stereos and sat nav equipment with you
6. In addition, using secure (theft resistant) number plates can make your number plates less attractive to thieves.
Where you park can make a big difference to the safety of your vehicle.