Anti-social Behaviour is a term used to describe a wide range of behaviours and activity which causes a person and feel alarmed, harassed, or distressed.
Monday 22nd June, 2020
This priority is now closed as a result of the actions below.
If you have any questions or issues concerning this priority, you can contact the beat team using the contact form on the beat page.
Wednesday 31st October, 2018
The Bournville and Oldmixon One Team receive many calls from our community to report different incidents or ASB.
ASB covers such a wide range of issues and offences, as such many different agencies, including Police can work together or alongside each other to help reduce these incidents.
The way the Bournville and Oldmixon One team aim to tackle ASB is by doing the following:
- Increase patrols and visibility in known ASB hotspot areas
- Work alongside environmental protection team or refer to them when appropriate
- Work alongside housing associations who have additional powers to deal with resident’s involved in ASB
- Look at utilising acceptable neighbour contracts
- Work along-side private landlords
- Create an ASB management case to enable us to see the full picture so that we can problem solve and utilise the forces ASB for assistance
- Issue ASB letters to guardians of minors responsible for ASB
- Issue injunctions
- Utilise criminal behaviour orders
- Use of police dispersal powers
- Issue Community Protection warnings/notices (CPW/CPN)
- Use Public Space Protection Orders (PSPOs)
- Look at the closure of the premises when appropriate
- Refer to firesetters