Added by Freedom of Information Team on 02 August 2017 at 16:09
I am writing to request information about Avon and Somerset's Drugs Education Programme. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-39519384/drug-awareness-course-education-or-leniency Under freedom of information laws, please tell me:
1. How long the scheme ran for;
2. During that time, how many referrals were made and for what type of drugs offence?
3. How many were arrested, rather than given a referral?
Clarification received 28th July 2017 ref Q3:
I mean the number arrested since the Drugs Education Programme started, as opposed to those sent on a Drugs Education course.
1. The Drugs Education Programme started in April 2016 in the Bristol Area.
2. Since April 2016 a total of 633 individuals have been referred to the course for drugs possession offences in Bristol. Referrals are only applicable to possession offences.
3. Since April 2016 there were a total of 300 arrests for drugs possession offences in Bristol.
FOI reference: 807/17.
Date of request: 03.07.17.