Forgotten password?

Create Community Alerts Account

Parental Custody of a Child

Child custody disputes are not dealt with by the police unless there is concern relating to child neglect or abuse. 

If you are unsure of your rights and responsibilities in relation to parenting and custody of your child seek legal advice.

If you are concerned about a child’s welfare and you do not believe them to be at risk of immediate significant harm, you should contact the Social Services department of your local council for help.

Find the website for your local council on 

Important: If you believe that a child is in immediate danger, you should call 999 straight away.