Forgotten password?

Create new account

Debris on the Road

Unwanted debris on the road can cause major delays and puts drivers and pedestrians at risk. If you notice debris on the road, you should report it to the relevant agency.

Who do I contact?


If the debris is causing a significant obstruction and will place road users in danger, call 999 for immediate police attendance.

Highways England

Highways England are responsible for the construction, maintenance and repair of motorways and trunk roads within the Avon and Somerset area. The trunk roads covered are:

  • A46 from M4 Junction 18 to the junction with the A4 at Bath
  • A36 from its junction with the A4 at Bath to the Wiltshire border
  • A303 from its start to the Wiltshire border

To find out more visit the Highways England website.

Local Authorities

Your local authority is responsible for the upkeep of all other roads and will assist with the removal of smaller, non-urgent debris from the roadside. You can search for your local council's website using this search tool from