Forgotten password?

Create new account


Avon and Somerset Constabulary work in partnership with local authorities to deal with parking enforcement. With the exception of North Somerset Council, enforcement of parking infringements is no longer a criminal matter in all local authority areas.

When will the police attend?

Officers will only attend if:

  • A vehicle parked in a dangerous position
  • A skip causing an obstruction or is in a dangerous position
  • An obstruction of the pavement causing pedestrians to enter the highway

Important: If a parking offence is causing an immediate significant obstruction and/or is placing other road users in danger then call 999 for immediate police attendance.

Want to know more?

You can visit your local council’s website for further guidance on parking regulations in your area by using the links below:

Bath & North East Somerset Council
Bristol City Council
Somerset County Council
South Gloucestershire Council