We’re releasing an E-fit of a man we’re keen to identify following a distraction burglary.
The incident happened in the Highbridge area at about 10.30am on July 7.
The man claimed to be from British Gas to gain entry to the property, before stealing cash.
If you recognise the man in the E-fit or have any information please call 101 and quote reference 5218150384.
Doorstep crime prevention advice:
- remember, if you’re not sure, don’t open the door
- if you are suspicious of a caller tell us straight away – ring 999 if you feel threatened or intimidated, otherwise call 101
- keep your cash in the bank, not at home
- keep windows and doors secured if you’re not in the room
- if you see someone calling door-to-door, but only on frail or elderly neighbours, call 999 straight away
- join Neighbourhood Watch
- nominate a neighbour to help you deal with unexpected callers