A man is due to face Taunton Magistrates on Friday 7 December, charged with burglaries in Yeovil.
Liam Raybould, 38, from Stoke-sub-Hamdon, faces three counts of dwelling burglary, one of attempted burglary, one of going equipped for burglary and two counts of possession of a bladed article. All the offences took place in Constable Close, Yeovil, on Friday 9 November.
Our home security tips include:
- locking up and setting the alarm, if you have one, at night as well as when you go out
- making sure your door is locked by turning the key – some ‘paddle and stub’-handled doors might seem to be locked by lifting the handle, but can still be opened from outside
- keeping windows and doors secure if you’re not in the same room
- fitting a letterbox cage
- hiding your handbag or wallet, keys and other portable valuables safely out of sight
- keeping tools locked up in a secure shed or garage
- making sure garden furniture and wheelie bins can’t be moved to gain access to upstairs window
All these things add up to put a burglar off targeting your home – as does joining or setting up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
If you see anyone acting suspiciously around a neighbour’s property, call the police straight away. It’s 999 if a crime is in progress, otherwise ring 101.