A man has started a 50 month jail term after admitting burglary and fraud offences and driving while disqualified.
Matthew Woodland, 34, of no fixed abode, was sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on Tuesday 26 November.
He was charged with burgling a Cotham flat on 2 July and with three counts of fraud which happened the same day. Bank cards were stolen in the night-time burglary, along with keys used to take a grey Mazda 3, registration WO19 KWW, which has not been recovered.
Woodland was arrested on 3 July following CCTV enquiries and was charged the same day.
We take burglary very seriously and are committed to identifying those responsible and bringing them to justice. While we’re working hard to target offenders and reduce offences, we all have a part to play in keeping our homes safe by securing our property.
You can help by:
- installing a burglar alarm and sensor-activated security lights
- keeping valuables (including keys) securely out of sight
- removing keys from door locks
- storing high value items such as jewellery, passports and bank cards in a properly secured and hidden safe or bank vault.
- joining your local Neighbourhood Watch
- reporting any suspicious incidents as they happen