We have a man and a boy in custody today, Wednesday 10 June, after a householder reported disturbing someone in their Brislington home in the middle of the night.
Officers including a dog handler attended after the call at 3.10am. The householder reported a wallet had been stolen and the offenders made off. Two suspects were arrested by the dog handler in nearby Eton Road on suspicion of burglary.
We’ve carried out house-to-house enquiries and the investigation continues.
If you have any information which could help, get in touch quoting reference 5220126049.
To keep your home secure we advise:
- locking up and setting the alarm, if you have one, at night as well as when you go out
- making sure your door is locked by turning the key – some ‘paddle and stub’-handled doors might seem to be locked by lifting the handle, but can still be opened from outside
- keeping doors and windows locked if you’re not in the same room
- never leaving keys in the lock or in sight of the letterbox
- fitting a letterbox cage
- keeping car keys, handbags, wallets and other portable valuables out of sight
- joining Neighbourhood Watch
If you can help, please call 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220126049