Leave site
Skip to content

Child custody disputes

Child custody disputes are not dealt with by the police unless there is concern relating to child neglect or abuse.

If you are concerned about a child’s welfare and you do not believe them to be at risk of immediate significant harm, contact the Social Services Department of your local council.

Child in immediate danger

If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call 999.

Parental custody of a child

If you are unsure of your rights and responsibilities in relation to parenting and custody of your child, seek legal advice.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?