Leave site

Report criminal damage and arson

The offence of criminal damage involves damaging or destroying the property of others and is covered in law by the Criminal Damage Act 1971.

Criminal damage or arson in progress

Call 999 if the criminal damage or arson is in progress.

The offence of criminal damage involves someone without lawful excuse:

  • destroying or damaging any property belonging to another. For example, buildings, plants or trees, and street furniture, such as bus shelters and lamp posts
  • intending to destroy or damage property
  • being reckless as to whether any property would be destroyed or damaged

Arson is the act of deliberately setting fire to property including buildings and vehicles.

Report criminal damage or arson

If there is no immediate threat, you can report criminal damage or arson:

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?