Report criminal damage and arson
The offence of criminal damage involves damaging or destroying the property of others and is covered in law by the Criminal Damage Act 1971.
Criminal damage or arson in progress
Dial 999, if the criminal damage or arson is in progress.
The offence of criminal damage involves someone without lawful excuse:
- destroying or damaging any property belonging to another
- intending to destroy or damage property
- being reckless as to whether any property would be destroyed or damaged
Arson is the act of deliberately setting fire to property including buildings and vehicles.
Report criminal damage or arson
If there is no immediate threat, you can report criminal damage or arson:
- online — fill in the report a crime or incident form
- by phone — call 101
- in person — visit a police station