Leave site
Skip to content

Report the illegal use of a public right of way

You have a right to walk, ride, cycle or drive on public rights of way in the countryside. Public rights of way include footpaths, byways and bridleways.

If a vehicle is using a right of way illegally, causing damage or putting wildlife at risk, report it.

When making a report, try to make a note of the following incident details:

  • date
  • time
  • location
  • details of the suspected offence
  • descriptions of those involved
  • registration numbers of the vehicles involved

Report vehicles on a public right of way

Where are public rights of way located?

If you are unsure whether you have right of way in a particular area, check with your local council.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?