Report a theft
A person commits theft if they dishonestly take property belonging to someone else and have no intention of giving it back.
Theft in progress
If a theft is in progress, call 999.
How do I report a theft?
When reporting a theft, provide as many details as you can, such as:
- how did the suspect obtain the property?
- were any tools or weapons used?
- when did the theft happen?
- where are the offenders now or did you see which direction they left in?
- is the property unique or does it have a serial number which could make it identifiable?
You can report stolen property or theft you witnessed:
Register your property
To register valuable or stolen items, visit the Immobilise website.
Report shoplifting in a store via our online form Report Shoplifting.
Report fuel theft
If a customer has left without paying for fuel, you can report an instance of fuel theft (also known as bilking).