Leave site
Skip to content

Report a vehicle without tax, insurance or an MOT

Every vehicle registered in the United Kingdom must be taxed, insured and have a current MOT if used or kept on a public road.

Visit the GOV.UK website for information about vehicle tax, MOTs and insurance.

Vehicles without tax

If you believe a vehicle has no road tax and has not been declared as SORN, you must report it to the DVLA.

Vehicles without an MOT or insurance

You can only report a vehicle with no MOT or insurance to the police if it is being used on a road.

To make a report, you will need the vehicle’s:

  • number plate (registration number)
  • make and model
  • colour
  • location

Abandoned vehicles

Find out how to report an abandoned vehicle.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?