This September we will be introducing 3 mini police schemes which will run across 3 schools, serving the Bournville, Oldmixon, Coronation and Uphill areas.
Friday 30th August, 2019
Mini Police is a nationally recognised programme and is a fun engagement tool that aims to:
- Enable children and young people to have a confident voice and enjoyable experiences associated with policing
- Deliver force and national priorities through enriched wider community interaction and education
- Facilitate community problem solving through youth and wider stakeholder engagement
- Reduce future demand through early engagement with children
- Introduce important messages to children and young people in a positive and engaging way
- Develop participants in order to maximise each individuals potential and citizenship developing self-esteem, and encouraging responsibility and consideration for others
- The programme is aimed at 9-11 year olds to take place during school time
Last year we ran the programme in Bournville Primary School which proved to be very successful and beneficial to the children from the estate.
We are looking forward to engaging with more children and families as we introduce this at Windwhistle Primary School and Uphill Community Primary School.