As the nights draw in we usually see an increase in burglaries in the area. Although it is not always possible to prevent burglaries, there are a few simple steps you can take to ensure you reduce the chances of becoming a victim.
- Lock your doors and windows before going out.
- Invest in a light timer and use it when you are out.
- Report any suspicious activity in the area to the police.
- Invest in a burglary alarm and CCTV camera’s for added security.
- Flood lights are good to deter potential burglars.
- Keep keys locked away somewhere secure at night.
more information can be found on our website www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice