Nominate an IAG member for the Amjid Ali Award
The Amjid Ali Award recognises the Independent Advisory Group (IAG) members making outstanding contributions to their communities.
Nominations are open for the 2023 IAG member of the year, in honour of the late Amjid Ali, former Strategic IAG Chair and partner of Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Amjid brought great passion, dedication and determination to his role, and alongside his ethos of “educate, inspire, reform”. The developments made to our IAGs under his leadership went a long way to improving the trust between the policing service and our communities.
How to submit a nomination
There are no restrictions on how many nominations you can make, however, you cannot nominate yourself or previous or inactive IAG members.
To fill in the form you will need:
- Name of nominee
- The IAG the nominee is a member of
- How long they have been a member
- Evidence for nomination: you can upload a maximum of 3 image and text files up to 10MB, with details of work taken place between 2022 – 2023
Shortlisting and award ceremony
Your submission will be reviewed by a panel in July and the winner will be announced shortly after.
The panel will include:
- ACC Jon Reilly, Chief Officer
- Primrose Granville, Strategic IAG Chair
- David Pendle, Strategic IAG Vice Chair
- Kurt James, Bristol IAG Chair and Strategic IAG Vice Chair
- A family member of Amjid Ali
The award will be presented in October at the Police and Fire Headquarters in Portishead.