Forgotten password?

Create new account

Anti-social Behaviour

In this section

Anti-social behaviour is actions that lack consideration for others or harm their well-being, by causing harassment, alarm or distress.

The police, local authorities and other agencies such as social housing landlords, all have a responsibility to deal with anti-social behaviour and to help people who are suffering from it.

Anti-social behaviour dealt with by the police

  • Damage to property and graffiti
  • Rowdy drunken behaviour
  • Setting fires
  • Inconsiderate use of vehicles

How do I report anti-social behaviour to the police?

To report anti-social behaviour fill in the Report a crime or incident form, call 101 or report it in person at a police station.

Anti-social behaviour dealt with by the council

  • Noise such as loud music, noisy pubs, rowdy parties or barking dogs 
  • Littering, including drug related litter
  • Vehicles abandoned on the road

How do I report anti-social behaviour to the council?

Your council’s website will provide further advice on anti-social behaviour. 

Find your local Council

TIP: When reporting repeated instances of anti-social behaviour, it is extremely useful to give date, time, location and description of what happened. To help you keep track of ASB incidents download the ASB Incident Diary document.

See Also

Related documents

  • PDF icon ASB Incident Diary
    Last updated: 03 January 2017